Chit Chat with The Twelves


João and Luciano from The Twelves

I was first introduced to The Tweleves via Hype Machine with their amazing remix of The Black Kids "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you". Since then their remixes of Yelle's "Ce Jeu" and New Young Pony Club's "Get Lucky" have been a constant in my playlists. I was luck enough to meet them when they played at Maitland's "Groovin the Moo" and we chatted about their time so far in Townsville, which they said was a similar humidity as it gets back home in Rio de Janeiro. I told them of my love for the remix they did in 2008 of "Boyfriend" from The Black Kids and asked when it became a full time thing. Luciano told me about the day he received the request from the black kids to do the remix as he was still working at an advertising agency in Rio. He said that he finished up there after that remix took off as they were soon inundated with requests to do remixes of songs from all over the world. I found out they were heading back to Sydney after the show to chill with their favourite sydney lads Theatre of Disco before they play at Oxford Art Factory later that evening.

So I thought it would be nice to share my favourite remix by them with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment